Monday, October 19, 2009

eGO Mash-up

As I was writing my most recent piece "Look! Up in the Sky!" for eGO.com I received the piece my fellow writer, Cameron Moore, had written for this Monday. Now, Cameron is the Media writer, the TV and Movies sort of stuff. I'm the one who is supposed to write the "provocative" pieces, the "Think" pieces. Cameron is supposed to give an interesting, eGO-centric take on popular culture and has been doing a nice job of it since he started. All I do, in regard to Cameron, is some slight editing and maybe hunt up a picture for the front page.
But this time things were different. Cameron had chosen to write about the same topic I had; Falcon Heene, the "Balloon Boy", and his take- titled "To Dream the Impossible Dream" was not a similar article, much worse. It was a totally contradictory piece! There was no way we could run both pieces, that was for sure. So, I did what any good American would- I passed the buck. I sent in my piece and Cameron's and asked my boss (quiet smugly) which he thought was better for the fit of the site. Image my surprise when he responded in less than twenty minutes that I was to put them both up, together!
Well, they're both there, under the title Fame or Fraud. Go read them and then either comment here or on eGO.com itself about who you agree with (Ahem! Ahem! Sorry... must be something in my throat).

No comments:

Post a Comment